Sunday, May 1, 2011

South Beach Oregano Grilled Chicken

Turns out some "diet books" actually have some good recipes in them. The South Beach Diet cookbook has some good ideas in it (along with some pretty gross ones, but it's worth a good look)!

So, as I am now watching my weight (since it has overstayed it's welcome), I am checking for more good recipes in my diet/light cookbooks. If I don't feel like making a full-on meal, I look for yummy things to put on salads.

So today, courtesy of SBD cookbooks, I bring you Oregano Grilled Chicken.

Oregano Grilled Chicken
serves 4


1 oz. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 t. Lemon Juice
1 t. Dried Oregano
1/4 t. Salt
1 t. Black Pepper
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast halves, (about 4 oz. each)

In shallow dish (like a 9x13 inch glass baking dish) combine oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add chicken.
Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
Grill or BBQ chicken until juice runs clear and center is no longer pink (160 degrees).

I have had this on a green salad with the chicken warm, and with it cold. It is great either way.

Note: If, the next day, you are looking for a little protein to add to your spaghetti lunch -- DO NOT use this chicken. The oregano/pepper kick does not mesh well with cheese/garlic tomato sauce. It's gross. Consider yourself warned!

This is a great chicken recipe for salads. The kick from the oregano and pepper is a great flavor additive to a green salad with ranch dressing. I hope you like it!

Oregano on FoodistaOregano

No comments:

Post a Comment