Thursday, October 21, 2010

7 Up Salad - aka Bring the Green Jello!

Before you read the ingredient list, I insist that you try it before you say "ew" and skip over it. Sure, there is a weird ingredient in it, but that's what makes it tangy. I'd be happy to make it for you, : ) cuz then I'd get some!

It's the Jello dish of the gods. Yum.

So, as far as I know, this recipe comes from my Great Grandma Edwards. If she is the creator, she is a culinary genius. This jello side/dessert is present at almost every Edwards/Baker family gathering, and I recently shared it with my work crew. I have new fans : )

7 Up Salad


Cook until melted:
7 oz. 7 Up (or other clear lemon lime soda)
1/4 lb Marshmallows (mini's are fastest to melt)

Add:
3.4 oz pkg Sugar Free Lime Jello (or regular)
12 oz. Neufchatel Cream Cheese (or regular)
Stir until smooth.

Add:
20 oz. can crushed pineapple (do NOT drain)
Chill until partially set.

Fold in:
1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream - whipped
2/3 c. Light Mayonnaise (or regular) (that's the weird ingredient)

Chill until set. Grab big serving spoon and 7 Up Salad. Hide from family. Eat all in one sitting. Die of happiness.

I would assume that you could do this with orange soda, orange Jello, and mandarin oranges, but I'm just so in love with the original that I haven't tried.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do... or not, then I'd get it all to myself : )

No comments:

Post a Comment