Monday, July 11, 2011

Turkey Burgers

What's so fabulous about this Turkey Burger? It's delicious, under 200 calories, and is great served with sauteed peppers and onions! You can even play with it and make it what ever flavor you want. I have recently rediscovered Mrs. Dash seasoning, so I made my turkey burgers with a kick! This picture isn't very good, but the patty sure was : )

Southwest Chipotle Turkey Burgers
Makes 4 4-oz. patties


Adapted from AllRecipes.com "Actually Delicious Turkey Burgers". The following Nutritional Information is for my version (and it's better!)


1.25 lb Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey 93/7
1 T. + 1 t. Plain Bread Crumbs
1 T. + 1 t. Onion, minced
1/8 c. Egg substitute (yeah, that's half an egg white lightly beaten..)
1 T. + 1 t. Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 Clove of Garlic, peeled and minced (1/4 t. of the jarred stuff)

Now here's your time to decide. I added 4 t. of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning. You can pick another salt-free flavor and get the same nutrition info. This was great, but if spicy isn't your thing, try another flavor.

Mix all ingredients in large bowl and form into 4 patties. Cook patties over medium heat, turning once. Suggested internal temp is 180.

Serve with delicious veggies, brown rice and maybe some salsa. I crumbled my last patty and made a taco salad with it. This Sunday I am making it with ground chicken breast, and I will BBQ them.

Nutritional Info:
Cal 182
Fat 8g
Carb 3g
Sod 108mg
Pro 22g


What flavor will you use?

Ground Turkey- لحم الديك الرومي المفروم on FoodistaGround Turkey- لحم الديك الرومي المفروم

No comments:

Post a Comment