Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Old Fashioned Pancakes

Pancake breakfast. How hard is it? A scoop of mix and a splash of water (and a scoop of M&Ms or chocolate chips if no one's looking) right? Not anymore. I made pancakes from scratch last week. Did you catch that? FROM SCRATCH! Who does that?

This girl.

I bought one of Dad's Christmas presents from a website you should all become familiar with: www.Cooking.com . It's awesome. There are so many great cooking utensils, pot&pan sets, measurement items, dish sets, bakeware, etc. I'd say the awesome stuff I got him, but I'm pretty sure he checks my blog.
HI DAD!! : ) 
Anyway, when they mailed the ... device... they sent a mini catalog with, and inside were a couple recipes, such as Old Fashioned Pancakes. I tried them out the next morning and it was a success! I'd never make pancakes from scratch on my own before so it was rather exciting.



Here it is, in all of it's easy glory.

Old Fashioned Pancakes
makes about 7-9 four inch pancakes


1 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 T. Sugar
1 1/4 c. Milk
3 T. melted Butter
1 T. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt
1 large Egg

In large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.

In another bowl beat the eggs, whisk in the milk, and add the melted butter. Combine with flour and mix until batter is just smooth.

Heat lightly oiled griddle or frypan over medium-high heat. Ladle about 1/4 c. batter onto griddle. Once bubble break on the surface of the pancakes and edges begin to pull up, flip with spatula and cook an additional minute.

Serve immediately.

-OR- for new fashioned pancakes, add about 1/4 c. M&Ms or chocolate chipsM&Ms make great birthday morning pancakes : )

Chelle had already had breakfast, but when I made these she tried one bite. Then another, and another until a whole pancake was gone. I'll take that as praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment