Sunday, December 5, 2010

Family Reunion Oatmeal Cookies

I am such a failure... I failed to make cookies on December 4th, National Cookie Day. How terrible is that from an avid baker/cook? Pretty terrible.

So to make up for it, I am posting a cookie recipe and a promise to bake them this week!

So this recipe is thanks to Kelli Harris. I got it at a recipe swap when I was in YW (Young Womens) in church. It is so delicious!



The name is another story. This past July my mom's side of the family had a family reunion and Grandma volunteered 6 dozen cookies, but ended up not having enough time for all of them, so, being the wonderful person I am, I was voluntold (volunteered by someone else). So I threw this together real quick because these cookies are so easy and I had just made some earlier that week. When we got to the reunion they were such a big hit. I opened the bags of cookies around 9am and they were GONE about 4pm. No joke. 6 dozen cookies gone before you could ask for seconds. My Aunt Diane was so excited for the recipe and she just raves about it.

Family Reunion Cookies


Mix together first:
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 c. White Sugar
1 c. Butter
2 Eggs
2 t. Vanilla

Add: 
1 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Salt
2 c. Bread Flour*
2 c. QuickOats

Add:
Any of the following, alone or combinations:
coconut, heath chips, chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, etc...

Bake at 350  for 10 - 11 mins.

* I use Bread Flour. If you want a fluffy cookie, use bread flour. If you want a flat cookie that collapses around the chips/raisins (like Tollhouse) use All-Purpose. I think that I used All-Purpose for the cookies in the picture. Dad was home and doesn't like me using his bread flour :(

So this is the fantastic recipe. Hope you like it! What little treat will you stir in?

No comments:

Post a Comment